Our Compliance team comprises a group of experts from diverse professional backgrounds, such as investigatory, prosecution and forensic audit, with the mission to identify, assess, monitor and manage a broad spectrum of compliance issues relating to our activities, whilst ensuring we adhere to best practice and maintain the highest ethical standards. With your proven expertise in the field, we look to you not only to enhance our policies, procedures and practices, but also to transform behaviours, giving you considerable variety in your job.
- Management: proposing and implementing a strategy and overseeing all aspects of the outputs in your domain, you will give your teams the skills they need to maintain our reputation as a financial institution of exceptional probity.
- Compliance: as you identify, assess, monitor, and advise and report on the Compliance risk of the EIB, you will provide strategic advice to senior management. Through the documentation and development of processes, the drafting of new regulatory texts and guidelines, the benchmarking of our performance and raising awareness of the need to maintain ethical standards, you will play a key role to minimise our financial, operational, reputational and political risks.
- Investigation: leading or participating in investigations into alleged misconduct, and conducting far-reaching interviews, gaining an awareness of the broader picture whilst paying meticulous attention to the details, you will progress investigations to a positive outcome, drawing clear and considered conclusions that enable our management to take the appropriate steps and ensure that the breach does not recur.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Know Your Client (KYC): ensuring that every euro we allocate goes to the right people and for the designated purpose, you will play a key role that protects our reputation as the bank of the European Union, and minimises the risk of our politically exposed position.
- Transaction management and restructuring : after the first disbursement of funds, we require constant and professional management of our loan and investment portfolios, and their associated client relationships. In this important function, you will monitor both projects and counterparts, responding to financial and contractual events, and/or implementing restructuring actions for distressed assets, as required. Your role will ultimately be to protect the EIB’s financial interests and reputation.
- Data protection: designing and implementing appropriate guidelines and practices for the governance of data, you will ensure that we comply with evolving rules and aim to keep us ahead of the regulatory curve.