We fund a multitude of projects in Europe and beyond, across industries and borders. It is therefore paramount that we are kept continuously, and accurately, informed of our financial position. If you have a background in accounting or reporting, you could access numerous career opportunities across the Bank, both in our corporate accounting functions and within individual business lines. You will have regular and ad-hoc reporting duties, and will monitor the latest developments in accounting directives and standards, with a central role in assessing their potential impact on our activities and in advising on their implementation at Bank and group level.
- Management: leading a team of experts, overseeing their work and driving strategy, you will ensure that our control and reporting functions are best-in-class. You will also promote the development of close relationship with the businesses.
- Financial control and reporting: you will ensure the accurate and timely production of our financial statements and other financial reports, in compliance with relevant EU directives and IFRS standards. You may also prepare our prudential reporting to the Central Bank of Luxembourg, and report on all EIB activities with an impact on the Bank’s financial position. Developing strong relationships both internally and externally you will play a key role in the optimal communication and the development of accounting related strategy.
- Management accounting, information, reporting: you will be the link between our operations and our decision makers at the highest level, working in partnership with functions across the organisation to provide the data that keeps our management informed on a timely and accurate basis. Your work will help shape decisions as you will develop appropriate KPIs to produce management information reports, suitable for use up to board level.
- Budgeting: you will contribute to the creation of financial and/or operational plans with input from the relevant business lines. These plans must be strategically viable at operational level at the outset, and your work will subsequently also cover reporting on progress and budget utilisation at regular intervals. Your role will extend beyond reporting as you will be expected to provide vital, independent decision-making information to senior management.
- Regulatory reporting: compliance with current directives and regulations is of the highest importance and you will keep up to date with developments in regulatory matters and their impact on all our areas of operation. You will also be responsible for maintaining our external relationships in this area so as to respond rapidly to queries and developments.
- Third party/mandate reporting: you work in this area is fundamental to the Bank’s credibility with external counterparts. You will work with external auditors (including the European Court of Auditors) and be responsible for preparing financial statements and other related internal and external financial reports, and establishing appropriate accounting policies and procedures, for third party funds under EIB management, or in the context of our SLA with the European Stability Mechanism.